We know that having laughter is important to our lives from our last blog post but how can we encourage more laughter in our lives? Livestrong.com encourages that “if you continually look for opportunities to laugh, you will find them.” Our MakIt team put together a list of some great ideas for getting more laughs out of your day with your family:
- Play “peek-a-boo” with your child once a day
- Watch a puppet show
- Have each member of your family draw the funniest picture they can imagine and share! (And if you want, turn the winning picture into a funny plate here!)
- Watch cartoons on Saturday morning with your kids and laugh alongside them.
- Before tucking your child in for bed, have a contest making animal shadows on the wall with your hands. See who can make the best hand animal!
- Game night! A night at home with dinner and games like Catchphrase, Charades, or Monopoly are a sure-bet for laughter!
Those are just a few of our favorite activities. What do you do with your family to encourage laughter on a daily basis?